The world of finance is changing. Challenged by the public opinion, government regulation and new online start-ups, it's time for the Financial Sector to reinvent itself.
In the aftermath of the Financial Crisis and the Occupy Wall Street Movement something is cooking. Companies like Google, Simple, Bitcoin are developing innovative new service with the potential to revolutionize banking.
At Rebuild21, May 30, 2012 four panelists set out to answer the following challenges::
- JEM BENDELL, Professor, Advisor and Sustainability Activist
- RICHARD KELLY, Managing Director at IDEO Asia Pacific
- FINN ØSTRUP , Associate Professor, Copenhagen Business School
- LARS PEHRSON, CEO, Merkur Cooperative Bank
STIG ØRSKOV, Executive Vice President, COO, JP/Politikens HUS
- What is the most important lesson learned from the financial crisis?
- How do we establish a financial sector that contributes to sustainable economic growth?
- How should citizens invest their money if they want to ensure that they contribute to a sustainable growth?
- What does the perfect bank of the 21st century look like?
- What is your best advice to Margrethe Vestager, Chair of EU Finance Ministers, Danish Minister for Economic Affairs and the Interior?
Other topics of discussion:
- 21st Century Banks
- Open Source
- Alternative Currencies
- Citizen investors