Media and journalists were democratic cornerstones of the 20th century. But increasingly, traditional media are falling short when it comes to facilitating a constructive democratic dialogue. How can we reignite a flourishing constructive media landscape?
We need to rebuild media to support a more constructive dialogue about society and business. Rather than work against each other, media and politicians must work together around a common goal of creating a more open, rich and sustainable society.
At Rebuild21, May 30, 2012 four panelists set out to answer the following challenges::
- ULRIK HAAGERUP, Director of News, The Danish Broadcasting Corporation
- CHRISTIAN JENSEN, Editor in Chief, Information
- BJARKE MØLLER, Managing Editor, Monday Morning
- PERNILLE TRANDBERG, Head of Editorial Development at Berlingske Media
CATHRINE GYLDENSTED, Freelance Journalist and Constructive News Innovator
- How can we reignite a flourishing constructive media landscape?
- What are the potentials and roadblocks?
- What are the examples of companies or organisations that will show us what constructive media of the 21st century might look like?
Other topics of discussion:
- Constructive Media
- Public Service Media
- Citizen Journalism
- Social News
Register for 2013.