A Manifesto for 21st Century Business and Constructive Growth
Some still claim we are facing a financial crisis. But this crisis goes far beyond financials. It's a moral, social and institutional meltdown of 20th century business politics and consumerism. We need to break out of a management mindset rooted in the industrial revolution and start rebuilding business for the 21st century.
We are now 7 bill. people on the planet. By 2035 around 70% of the world population will live in cities. The price of energy and food is climbing. We are the most in-dept, medicated and obese generation ever. We are not even close to a realistic solution to tackle climate change. And we are facing a collapse of the world economy. Need more reasons to join a more fundamental Rebuild of business for the 21st century?
About the Manifesto:
The Rebuild21 Manifesto is the incomplete essence of many people's work during and after the Rebuild21 2011 conference. The Manifesto is humbly edited by Rebuild21 founder Sofus Midtgaard - @sofus. Constructive feedback and suggestions are welcome. Join the discussion.
We hope it will inspire a new generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders to rebuild business for the 21st Century. If inspired - join the community or sign up for an invitation to Rebuild21 2012.
Thanks for helping share the Manifesto!
1. Start a revolution! - 21st century businesses change the game, the place or the rules
2. Purpose before profits! - 21st century businesses are meaning organizations driven by a higher purpose - not margins
3. Philosophy is the new strategy! - 21st century business DNA is philosophy not strategy
4. Tribes don’t need scorecards! - 21st century businesses are run on passion, trust and accountability
5. Soft is the new hard! - 21st century businesses wins on authenticity, personality or generosity
6. Sustainable advantage! - 21st century businesses makes it easy, fun or cheap to live healthy and sustainable
7. Give fans a backstage pass! - 21st century businesses don't end at the corporate firewall - they invite global talent backstage for co-creation
8. Transparency is the new black! - 21st century businesses are built on transparency, open source or open business models
9. Software doesn’t need a HQ! - 21st century businesses are often 100% software - look out for server parks not fancy addresses
10. Earn your reputation!- 21st century businesses earn their reputation through dedication, usability and ʻwowʼ customer experience
Download the full Rebuild Manifesto as PDF
The Rebuild21 Manifesto by Rebuild21 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.rebuild21.org.